RULE #1 Don’t Let the Buying Process Scare You
RULE #2 Get Representation. You need someone on your side.
RULE #3 Educate Yourself. Ask lots of questions.
Follow these steps with the help of your licensed real estate professional:
- Have a counseling session with your agent to map out a game plan
- Discuss communication and the follow up systems you will be using
- See a Lender to get your financing in place
- Review all the documentation required for the transaction
- Find a property
- Negotiate the transaction, including all contingencies and conditions
- Use the inspection period to investigate any issues of concern
- Have a Home Inspection completed
- Negotiate repairs
- Investigate disclosure issues (SPDS, termite, lead based paint, pool rules, etc.)
- Arrange for and have repairs completed
- Make sure you get an appraisal
- Meet with your Escrow Company to arrange the closing
- Line up the funds for the closing
- Arrange your electricity, phone, water, mail service and insurance
- Close, record and move in
The importance of communication is critical – this is a group effort.
You and your agent must work together to co-ordinate all the details.
Remember, we are in this together!